Monday, November 15, 2004

Making Calendars, made easy

Last year I made my mother a ca lander of flower photos, and gave it to her as a Christmas gift. My Olympus Camedia software includes a simple but very tasteful calendar printing function. I bought the best quality ultra gross paper and had them wirer bound at officeworks. It looked very professional, even if i do say so myself. She loved it and it has taken pride of place on her coffee table ever since, I have already taken several photos of flowers from her garden for this years calendar.

This calendar if based on the Flowers in the Gardens of Londolovit
Click Here, to see an example page

The international school on Lihir is always looking to raise funds so I got involved in producing two more calendars for their Christmas faire. The first, above is another flower calender, was produced with Camedia software. For the second, below is based on pictures of kids, I had a look through all the photo album software I am "sort of" testing. I found the Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album 5 really easy to use and also tasteful. Both packages produced very good PDF files. Since lihir is a remote and isolated island getting things printed in glorious colour is not easy. So the PDFs of the final calendar layout have to be forwarded to Australia via email.

This calendar shows some of the children that live on Lihir
Click Here, to see an example page

I was surprised how many digital photo album packages had calendar producing functions, some are a bit basic, however a professional quality calendar of your photo is surprisingly easy to produce and could be a welcome Christmas gift.

No comments: