Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Sketching Kit One (Canon Camera Bag)

I’m experimenting with what is the minimum amount of sketching gear I need. Specifically what can fit in my camera bag along with mu normal camera gear, The first kit consists of an A7 sketch book and the very compact little Cotman’s Sketchers’ Pocket Box produced by Windsor & Newton, a water brush, a soft pencil, a dagger brush and a jell ink pen. I also hand carry an A5 general purpose sketch book (shown below)which slots nicely into a pocket on my new beach chair.Sketching Kit One with A5 sketch pad
A7 sketch pad is good for small compositional sketchesThe original benefit of the water brush is it has its own reservoir for water, so I don’t need to carry a wash jar and water. However the water brush is really cool you can easily control how much water is required by squeezing on the barrel. I did find a need somewhere to blot off the pigment when I want to change colours, the back of my wrist was fine at first but I think I’ll start putting a little folder kitchen paper in the sketch box in future. The little A7 sketch book is really only good for simple sketches particularly a quick composition or notan sketch.
Trying out the Cotman ColoursThe watercolour is in half pan size and the colours really intense but the dilute down to wonderful translucent washes. I have already added a turquoise, in place of Chinese white, but I find the two greens (viridian and hookers green in the set a bit intense, and might swap one out for a mauve, indigo or even payne’s grey. Time will tell. This is a really wonderful little set and fits snuggly in the front of the standard canon camera bag.
Final I also have my camera, may canon camera is my designated beach camera at the moment, so I can always take a few photos as reference.
Photo - sailing inverloch
I Like my watercolour wash sketch a lot even though I didn’t get time to let it dry enough to finish off on the beach. I then remembered having some good results using my compositional sketch as the training style with google deep dream generator and dreamscope app so I put a few other photo/sketches through the style filter. The results are pretty amazing.
deep dream_photo/sketch 1dreamscope_Photo/Sketch 1deep dream_photo/sketch 2dreamscope_Photo/sketch 2

1 comment:

Askari Apps said...

Choose your favourite image from your device gallery or capture the real picture with your smartphone camera to create a drawing photo sketch & pencil sketch photo editor & set some stylish colour drawing effect and sparkle effect.
When you make a beautiful pencil sketch of your image then you feel it’s the best photo sketch - convert photo to sketch app and sparkle effect in the world.