Friday, August 03, 2018

Touchwood :: The Desktop is Back

It has only taken me 51 days, since the windows update rendered my desktop very unreliable, and 24 days since I started seriously resetting, checking and reinstalling things, to get a stable version of my computer back. What an epic fail Microsoft (much of the delays and dead ends are due to your support forums. Also I have not received a single reply to any of my direct queries.
Microsoft please stop forcing me to update
So what fixed things? I had to do a total RESET, three times. Twice keeping my user files and the last resort was a complete deleting then reinstalling everything and finally slowly loading a few programs and testing them, then a couple more, and so on. Slow and steady (to win the race). Still got Microsoft office stuff to load but that can wait.

What was the cause? I still don’t know but I suspect it was related to the unannounced deprecating of homegroups. Either that or finally exorcising the ghost in my LAN.

No comments: