Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Lr CC …curiouser & curiouser II


This snippet from Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland is a perfect metaphor for how I feel, trying to understand why Lr CC doesn’t seem to want to play with me. All the prominent sites claiming super performance have left me bewildered and assuming it has to be my hardware! or just me!

imageWell the hardware assumption seems to be correct. The clue was under Edit/Preferences then under the Performance tab (evidently it is my graphics card is the thing that doesn’t want to play). Lr CC had ticked to use it by default and then reported that it had been disabled due to errors. OK So I started looking through the Adobe Community help and found this post regarding Issues with Lightroom CC/Lightroom 6 and AMD graphics cards. I haven’t tried reverting to an earlier version of my driver (which doesn't seem very logical advice). However just deselecting the use graphic processor box has certainly seen LR CC become better behaved. Ok its still not fast but it has stopped crashing and thrashing.

But why not just do the deselection, if Lr CC recognised errors?

Perhaps Absolem will know?

No comments: