Thursday, February 22, 2007

PhotoFriday :: Selfportrait


I've been in Adelaide, so I figured using the chrome balls in Rundle Mall would make a great way to get a series of self portraits into one image. I was both right and wrong.

Taking a series of overlapping photos with myself close up to the balls I did manage to get a number of different reflections of me into the series. The "sculptures" had become quite scratched and dulled since I last saw them so my reflections are also somewhat dulled and blurred. Then I used autostitch to merge the series of photos together. Damn that process burred and ghosted me out further, because my reflection is actually in a slightly different place on each photo, So autostitch's merge of overlaps has a piece of blank ball and my reflection to overlap and the reflections are all ghosted a bit, but if you look they are still there. Oh well it sounded like a good idea at the time.



For PhotoFriday's Topic Self Portrait 2007

No comments: