Monday, October 10, 2005

Five Fingers?

Five Fingers?
I had decide that I should photograph an obvious five, for this weeks Photo Friday. Five fingers was the most obvious first thought, but hang on what about the thumb. The obvious opportunity to create a five fingers hand was irressistable.


PA080779
PA080779,
originally uploaded by imageo.
This is the original photo, before manipulaton. It required a bit of gymnastics to coordinate holding one hand steady, in an unnatural pose, and the camera with the other, whilst getting it focused & correctly exposed. I then used Corel Photo to move my first and second finger a little to allow more room for another copy of my second finger to be pasted in place. I also used the cloning tool to simpilfy the background and tidy up the reconnected hand. Finally I used Corel Photobook edges, the charcoal edge, to bring more of a focus to the hand.


for photofriday topic :five

1 comment:

jess said...

great idea! great manipulation - i used to hate digital until i saw the light - i have alot or respect for people who can pull it off realistically

well gone

--jess