Sunday, October 23, 2005

Always look on the bright side...

There is always a bright side
Always look on the bright side...
Originally uploaded by imageo.

I'm currently working in New Guinea, at Lihir Island, there are no GSM

services for my mobile phone and I don't have my own access to the net. Yet there is public access available via some shared PCs in the mining camp. Ii is a bit like a low bandwidth internet cafe I guess, anyway it works fine for basic email, and does mean that if i carefully resize an image I can still easily post it to my blog. I have used flickr's email submission system and the special address they have generated for me (it is a unique address for each person) When I email to this address not only is the photo stored in flicker, my email message is used to create a blog enter in the blog of my choice. If you are reading this it must have worked.

If you have a flickr account and a blog make sure you set it up. Then even with the slowest, lowest speed, most basic connection to the net you will be able to keep photo blogging.

PS: It worked but sorry about the format it came out (not sure if it the email of flickr to blame). I had to edit out the extra HTML break lines

No comments: