So here are my observations after the first month of use.
- It isn’t the bandwidth pirate I expected. It does seem to takes its time and not interfere too much with others on my network when it has a lot of images to load
- It highlights some strange photos, and more importantly skips over some gems
- I’m well over being auto awesomed
- Many HDR sets and multi-image overlapping panorama sets are turned into Motion Gifs. This puzzles me?
- I can not see tools to help me find specific images in the vast collection I am amassing on-line (scrolling through just one month’s uploads is already tedious)
- I’m still uncertain if there are dangers involved with having most of your photos on-line somewhere in the clouds. So far I’m happy that the defaults are private and you have to specifically share an image to let others see it
- Already there are many unintended duplicates
- Sharing outside the Google+ world is difficult (even into blogger, see steps I had to use in image caption below)
- Whilst you can easily download individual images there are no “recovery” tools that I can find
- I’ll probably leave it installed for new uploads, at least for a month or so
- BUT I have no plans to backup my full digital photo collection onto google+
|An AutoBackedup photo, edited including frame and then copied to another album in google+ photo before I could share it here|