Sunday, June 12, 2016

PhotoProject :: Non-Bending Macro

My sigma telephoto macro lens

Cracking and bruising some ribs a couple of weeks ago has slowed me down a lot. Especially in terms of getting out specifically to take photos.

This week I was planning to do some more on macro/closeups and just focusing on textures. Unfortunately that typically means a lot of bending, not something I want to do at the moment. However my favourite telephoto (a old sigma 70-300 DL Macro Super, no idea what the super stands for) has a macro setting, that basically lets you focus in close when using the longest focal lengths.

 Lime Blossumazaleapotatoe creeperOn a ceramic duck's backTree fern frondToadstoll

Focusing close in this case is however 0.5 to 2 meters, not inches, away. This is perfect because I can stand and just focus at around ground level, ie no bending required. So I was able to get out in the garden (between rain showers) and have some close up fun.

Detail of stag horn fern leaf IDetail of stag horn fern leaf II

No comments: