You actually don't need a lot of extra hardware, or fancy WiFi Cards to be able to upload your photos from existing DLSRs or compact cameras. If you have a smart phone that uses Mirco SD cards, and perhaps a healthy bandwidth/data upload limit for it. Here is a very simple and inexpensive (providing your on a good data plan), albeit not so high tech, way to do it.
- Make sure you have an SD adaptor that your mirco SD card slots into (reputable brands are generally sold this way)
- Use the micro SD card inside its adaptor in your camera (the camera will treat this as an normal SD card)
- After your have taken the photos, take the SD card & holder from your camera and remove the micro SD card
- Insert The micro SD card in your Phone.
- Upload the photo to the Social Web, Flickr, FaceBook, Google+ etc.