Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Clone Painting Comes of Age

I took advantage of a discount offer and bought myself Corel Painter Essential 5. I’ve had corel Painter Lite since I first bought Aftershot Pro and I love it. It’s easy to use, offers lots of great brushes and has layers. However there was a lot of flak from previous Painter essential 4 users they wanted Clone painting (aka Auto painting where the computer created a painterly effect from your photo) Yes I did tolerate that but it sort of lacked thought in how the marks where made. A bit sterile but the colour palettes and variable stokes did add some charm.Painter essentials 5 is still fairly automatic but the marks are true to the brush and surfaces being used and the “feel” of painting considerably stronger. Bringing creativity to those keen to find it. I’m also trying out the mobile version on the android phone. Watch my tumblr blog for results

No comments: