Sunday, February 15, 2015

Another SD cards bits the dust

I've had 3 SD memory cards give problems in the past two weeks. One has been giving a random memory card error in my Pentax (not in the Canon), it was as simple as removing and re-inserting the card to get it working. However I figured it was time to retire this cards. The next card lost the little plastic slider to lock the card so it now appears permanently locked (and thus unusable). Yesterday my last decent "brand name" card (picture on right) just split open!

They are all around the 2 years old mark, and I have heard many times this is the right time to replace SD cards (even though their theoretical memory life should be much longer) their physical robustness may not be as lasting. When replacing an SD card remember speed can be as important as size.

No comments: