Friday, October 19, 2018

Yet another Reason to Photograph Art, rather than a scanner

PA180248I’ve been using the built in scanner in my HP Photosmart printer (an A4 typical all-in-one style inkjet) for my INKtober works. However yesterday’s included some Fluro acrylic paint to match my grand daughters pattern on her school art project (a hand painted mould of her hand), I a strang loop self reference sort or manner I decided to use that as my subject for my INKtober sketch for today,

I remembered that I had had trouble scanning the fluro colours before (on my beach people project) so I also took a photo (under artifical light). The differences are again shocking!

I probably should have waited for natural light and/or worked on the white balance but the camera (images on the right) gives a much better representation of the feel of my art work and closer to the true colours.

Scanned VersionPhotographed version

No comments: