Repacking my camera bag in preparation for my next trip. Rather than pack on the last day I repack a couple of weeks out so I have time to realise if I am missing something important. During my year long art project travels I have been progressively trimming down the stuff I carry around.
My revised camera bag packing list has, starting at the top right and moving clockwise.
- My Pentax K20 (my favourite camera, with my favourite lens a Tamron 18 to 200mml zoom Note this camera now has a wrist strap, rather than cumbersome neck strap.
- In the side pocket of the camera bag I have cables, spare batteries etc in a zip up mesh bag.
- My Sigma 70-300 Zoom Lens
- A couple of white "Face washers" (to clean the cameras not the lenses)
- Blower Brush
- Lens pen (microfiber cleaner and brush)
- Business cards & pen
- My home made string monopod
- My ThinkTank Mirrorless Mover 30i Camera Bag. Although it is designed to carry a mirrorless camera system & Ipad mini I find to perfect for my gear in a relatively small shoulder bag. I also a small kit of sketching gear in the Ipad slot (not shown here but includes an A5 sketch book, couple of pencils & pens, waterbrush & small Cotman's watercolour Sketchers Box)
- Sealed packets of alcohol lens wipes (I haven't used these for a while prefer the lens pen)
- Spare SD cards (I'm taking 4 16GB cards & 6 8GB cards of my next trip, 20 days)
- An old Smartphone (with no SIMS card, but the camera and GPS still work fine)
- A polarizing filter
- Tone Reference cards